Why Email Marketing Has to be in Your Marketing Mix in 2014!
Every so often you’ll see some ‘guru’ come along with the pronouncement that “email marketing is dead.” But yet, email marketing is mysteriously soaring to never before reached heights. So what gives?
Email marketing is far from dead. While there are certainly changes , (Gmail tabs, for example) email remains a viable and profitable method of obtaining leads and revenue in 2014 and beyond. Still not sure?
A few bright shiny email statistics!
As reported by ExactTarget
- 95 percent of people who buy online are email users.
- Email marketing returns $44.25 for every $1 spent!
- By 2017 we will have an astounding 236 million email users.
Want to know what to do? Here’s 5 ways to boost your email marketing campaigns.
- Create a plan specifically for email marketing – Know what your audience is interested in, plan your emails both to appeal to those needs, and address your site’s overall conversion goals at the same time. This means spend some time to think this out!
- Optimize for mobile devices – It’s no longer a secret: 43 percent of all emails are opened on a mobile device, and that number is growing. Make sure you optimize your emails for mobile, (images, text and brevity) and make it easier to engage.
- Pay attention to your subject lines! – The first and really only goal of your subject line is to get them to open the mail and read what comes next. And keep it brief: a study by Adestra shows that subject lines of less than 10 characters are opened a whopping 58 percent more!
- Use visual content within your emails – Even though you may be most pleased with what you are saying, it’s the videos and the images that get your readers excited. Open rates are nearly double with videos, and conversions are higher also!
- Use social media to spread the word and expand your reach – Take full advantage of social media to help your emails reach an even larger audience.